The Monastery Moni Pandokratoros
The brothers Alexios (which was involved with the Byzantine emperor Michael VIII in the reconquest of Constantinople) and Ioannes Strategopoulos founded this monastery in the 14th Century, before the year 1358th

They built the monastery at the area of the abandoned Kellie Pandokrator in honor of the "absolute ruler" (Christ). At a stone slab in the bell tower in August 1363, are written the names of the two founders.
( Greek-Orthodox; Holiday: 6. August )

The founders were brothers never been monks in the monastery, but have bequeathed their property and riches, so that after only a short time the monastery become large. Since Typikon from 1574, it takes the seventh place in the hierarchy of the Mount Athos monastery.

Numerous fires were to the monastery again and again. The first time at 1392 theres was a victim of the flames. Katholikon, the main tower as well as some parts of the monastery wall were saved.

Inside, it has not only 400 ancient manuscripts and nearly 3,500 books, but as relics of the right foot and a leg of the Apostle Andrew. In Katholikon are also the graves of the two monastic founders.

The monastery’s subordinate is the Skit Profitis Ilias.



01. Moni Megistis Lavra greek-orthodox

02. Moni Vatopediou greek-orthodox

03. Moni Iviron greek-orthodox

04. Moni Chilandariou serbian-orthodox

05. Moni Dionysiou greek-orthodox

06. Moni Koutloumousiou greek-orthodox

07. Moni Pandokratoros greek-orthodox

08. Moni Xiropotamou greek-orthodox

09. Moni Zografou bulgarian-orthodox

10. Moni Dochiariou greek-orthodox

11. Moni Karakalou greek-orthodox

12. Moni Philotheo greek-orthodox

13. Moni Simonos Petras greek-orthodox

14. Moni Agiou Pavlou greek-orthodox

15. Moni Stavronikita greek-orthodox

16. Moni Xenofondos greek-orthodox

17. Moni Osiou Grigoriou greek-orthodox

18. Moni Esfigmenou greek-orthodox

19. Moni Agiou Panteleimonos russ.-orthodox

20. Moni Konstamonitou greek-orthodox